Tuesday, September 8, 2009

July 4, 2009 (Morning)

It’s the 4th of July! Yippe yay! I’m in Uganda celebrating the 4th of July. It’s pretty funny, but I probably won’t be in Uganda on the 4th again.


Today we’re going to visit an IDP Camp and then a village to see the difference between life in the camp and what life could be in the village.


Right now I’m sitting outside, I just finished my breakfast (2 pieces of toast and mangoes). It enjoyed it a lot; I was quite hungry the night before and overnight my hunger only increased. So it was great to eat needless to say.


Last night when I talked to my Mom she also told me the fireworks were rescheduled to July 5th, I wish they could push them back to the 9th when I’ll be home.


Last night I didn’t go to bed until really late - Grant Heskamp, Alex Ammons, Alex Naser-Hall, Jeremiah Witt, and I stayed up late talking about many things. It was nice to chat.


No comments:

Post a Comment