Tuesday, September 8, 2009

July 3, 2009 (Morning)

Today is July 3rd, the day my family back at home will converge to celebrate the 4th of July tomorrow. They’ll all go see the fireworks tonight which will promise to be spectacular so long as the go to Portsmouth, NH. This is when I miss home, especially because I anticipate fireworks and the 4th of July every year. But I’m here - in Uganda - having the time of my life. I wouldn’t trade being in Uganda, having this experience for the world. It’s still surreal being here. I’m abnormally comfortable and enjoying every second of it. This is the biggest adventure of my life and I probably won’t experience anything like it for quite sometime. I woke up this morning to roosters crowing and bells ringing - the slight pitter-patter of rain could be hear falling on the dirt outside the intern house. Another morning in Uganda...


It’s time for breakfast! Zach just walked into the common room to let us know.


Until later...


No comments:

Post a Comment