Monday, August 3, 2009

June 26, 2009

We’re 26 minutes from landing as I write, we’ve flown over Italy and half of the continent of Africa. This morning I awoke to discover we were directly over the Sahara Desert just as the sun was peering over the horizon line. It was absolutely breathtaking. We’re so close, this is all real. I will soon be on foot in Entebbe driving for 45 minutes to Kampala, Uganda, and later Gulu. Incredible! The fasten seatbelt signs have turned on and I am now confined to the seat in which I sit. We slowly make our descent, as the plane lowers ever so slightly. It’s just so surreal. I know I keep saying that, but it’s because I need to keep reminding myself this isn’t a dream - it’s reality. It’s here, it’s now, it’s real. I’m going to take some time to watch the view from my window as we make our way towards the ground, Ugandan ground! Down we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment