Monday, August 3, 2009

June 29, 2009

The crickets chirping, daylight appearing, and roosters crowing. Another day in Uganda has begun. I took my second shower this morning and I’m feeling quite refreshed. It is Monday, and the beginning of a busy week. Today we visit our partner schools! I can’t wait! This morning when I woke up Doreen (the woman who makes the food at the intern house) was in the kitchen making pancakes, we’ll be eating them in 10 minutes or so. They look absolutely delicious. I can’t wait to begin. Yesterday when we went hiking I got 5 thorns stuck in my arm, they went in pretty deep and I had to pull them out - this morning they’re a bit swollen and red. Maybe it’s about time I take out the antibiotic cream?  Everyone’s feeling a little under the weather and I really hope I don’t catch it. It’s about time to eat... can’t wait to feed my growling stomach!

No comments:

Post a Comment