Friday, July 31, 2009

June 22, 2009

How do I begin?! It’s the end of Day 1 and already I feel like I’ve known these people for weeks. The people I’ll be spending the next two and a half weeks with are absolutely incredible. They’re inspired, motivated, and filled with an energy that just makes me smile. We’re all so different, but we all have one thing in common - our dedication towards helping those in northern Uganda. I arrived to the baggage claim greeted by 10 or so of the fellow trip winners. It was interesting meeting those I’d only previously talked to on facebook. But they’re all so great and as I began talking to them I immediately knew everything was going to be alright! We spent last night (and we will spent the rest of our nights) in Arlington, VA at a Days Inn Motel. It’s a little sketchy but only adds to the adventure. I’m in a room that has the capacity of 2 with 4 others (5 total). Alex Ammons, Rachel Hendrix, Jenny Thompson, & Amanda Schaffner. We’re all having a great time, we get along to well. I feel like I can’t put anything into words right now, maybe I’m just too tired. Until later...


No comments:

Post a Comment